The Content Marketing Manager
You’ve Been Looking For
I’m a content marketer, writer, and manager with experience building and running large-scale blogs and content marketing plans, managing teams of writers and editors, and building successful content funnels for businesses big and small.
I have 20 years of experience and a strong background in academia and technology. I’ve worked as a proofreader, editor, and ghostwriter for high-level university publications including those published under the name of the President of the University at CSU Stanislaus, and have ghostwritten for industry leaders in my areas of specialty. I’ve trained and guided SaaS and other tech businesses in their content marketing, social media, and publishing efforts, leading to increased revenue and higher conversion rates. In 2016-17, I built, wrote, and managed developer-facing blogs for Stack Overflow, the world’s largest community of software developers.
HERE’S WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in English (magna cum laude)
- 20+ year background in academic writing, journalism, blogging, and fiction; a genuine passion for words
- 11+ years developing and implementing large-scale communication plans
- 9+ years content marketing, social media marketing, and blogging experience
- 9+ years hiring and management experience, including management of creative staff
- 20+ years customer and client service experience; a diplomatic personality and knack for creating and maintaining harmony.
- Expertise in WordPress including development of blogs from scratch
- A strong sense of best practices in SEO, SEM, PPC, and many other impressive initialisms.
- Experience creating visual content and skilled in both Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Data-driven marketer able to confidently report ROI on content and social efforts
- Extensive experience in collecting & interpreting customer feedback
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proven entrepreneurial success
- Strong Slack gif game
- Experience successfully live-blogging and live-tweeting events
- 10+ years experience working remotely
I’m looking for a growing team who needs what I have to offer. Reach out to me and let’s talk.