Content Marketing/Editorial Manager
currently seeking full-time employment.
Previously of Stack Overflow.
I’m a content writer and managing editor with experience building and running large-scale blogs and content marketing plans.
I’m also a professional writer, editor, and social media manager with over 17 years of experience and a strong background in academia and technology. I’ve worked as a proofreader, editor, and ghostwriter for high-level university publications including those published under the name of the President of the University at CSU Stanislaus, and have ghostwritten for industry leaders in my areas of specialty. I’ve trained and guided successful tech businesses in their content marketing, social media, and publishing efforts, leading to increased revenue and higher conversion rates. And most recently, I built and managed developer-facing blogs for Stack Overflow, the world’s largest community of software developers.
HERE’S WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in English (magna cum laude)
- 17+ year background in academic writing, journalism, blogging, and fiction; a genuine passion for words
- 9+ years developing and implementing large-scale communication plans
- 7+ years content marketing, social media marketing, and blogging experience
- 7+ years hiring and management experience, including management of creative staff
- 17+ years customer and client service experience; a diplomatic personality and knack for creating and maintaining harmony.
- Expertise in WordPress including development of blogs from scratch
- Knowledge of and extensive experience with SEO
- Experience creating visual content and skilled in both Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Data-driven marketer able to confidently report ROI on content and social efforts
- Extensive experience in collecting & interpreting customer feedback
- Active and experienced on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proven entrepreneurial success
- Experience successfully live-blogging and live-tweeting events
- 9+ years experience telecommuting/working remotely
I’m looking for a growing team who needs what I have to offer. Reach out to me and let’s talk.